First, write a comment on this blog post in which you share that polished work of writing from the October 19 writing marathon. Before clicking the "Publish Your Comment" button, you will be asked to "Choose an identity."
- You could sign in with a Google account or an OpenID, if you have one.
- Or you could click "Name/URL" and enter your name. Your first name would suffice.
- Please do not click "Anonymous." That would not allow me to know who posted the writing, so I wouldn't be able to give you credit for your work!
Second, visit the blog post that features the writing marathon selections from another section of College Composition I. Click here to go to that blog post and read those students' writing.
From that post, select one student's writing sample that you like. Write a comment on that blog post that does these things:
- names the writer upon whose writing you wish to comment;
- provides some compliments on that student's writing; and
- cites at least one detail from that student's writing and tells what is "good" about that aspect of his or her writing (e.g., "Pat, I especially like your line about the sun's 'burning through the canopy of leaves overhead' because it's such a clear detail. I can clearly visualize the morning sun's rays coming through the leaves of the trees near King Pavilion.").